- Being Present. Being present takes preparation. You must make time to connect with yourself, (meditation) ground yourself, and be in your heart and your body. When you are present you have an ability to listen and connect with your clients and your audience in a deeper way. Believe me, they feel it!
- Trusting Your Intuition. Our intuition connects us with our truth. It allows us to also see the deeper meaning beyond the superficial. Sometimes this can be uncomfortable and so we go right back into our heads and make decisions from our intellect. But this will eventually backfire. How many times have you said, “I should have listened to my intuition”?
- Telling the Truth. It takes courage not only to trust your intuition but to speak it and act on it. Some thoughts that might get in the way are, “Do I want people to like me”. “Will I hurt their feelings”? “Will my client decide to leave”? “What will people think if I am really bold”? Not speaking our truth is one of the ways we create a POWER leak in ourselves.
- Be Yourself. (To thine own self be true) Advertising and our culture program us to look outside ourselves constantly. Although it is important to have mentors, coaches, and teachers, stay connected with yourself and your voice. The world counts on YOU for this.
- Take Responsibility. Beware of the victim and the blame trap! Use every opportunity to look at how you can learn and grow from every experience. People and life are a mirror (I know this is uncomfortable). Work on acknowledging what you don’t like in others in yourself and own this. This trait alone will make you a very POWERFUL leader.
- Take Care of Yourself. Exercise, eat well, drink lots of water, get 8 hours of sleep, take breaks during the day, and do things that bring you pleasure. Watch out for workaholism. A balanced team, mentally and physically, is a successful team. Model it, encourage it, support it!
- Lead by Example. Be and act who you say you are. This creates trust and credibility and will have people attracted to you and want to do business with you!
By incorporating these 7 attributes into your life and business, you will find your gift and your vision as you move into the new year.