When you think of Independence Day, do fireworks, vacations and barbecues come to mind or daring leadership and bold visions? Having time to gather with loved ones and enjoy ourselves is absolutely a gift, but I’d like to focus on the origins of this holiday, and how we can apply it to our own lives. Let’s celebrate and appreciate what our forefathers wrought.
What declarations are you making right now to create your own inspiring world? It’s easy to settle into the mindset that big ideas are for other people and that you are too small to make a difference, but it’s not true. Every single one of us can make unimaginable dreams a reality, whether that involves work, relationships, health, spirituality and especially our country.
You are more powerful than you think!
It all starts with a declaration; a few written words that crystalize our intention.
In honor of this holiday, I challenge you to make a declaration. Don’t be afraid to be bold. Below are a few examples to get you started:
- I vow to make this planet a better place and leave a legacy for future generations
- I am the commander of my ship, and have the power to steer it toward prosperity
- I will build something that changes lives
- My business success enables the life I’ve always dreamed of and is a role model for others
- What I imagine I realize through courage, determination and action
What will your Independence Day Declaration be?
Have a great Holiday weekend!